Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fun Birthday Card


Good morning Scrap ladies!!  I feel like I haven't posted in forever! I hope everyone is doing well!  While Kel was off on her awesome scrap weekend, I was down in the scrapcave creating!  I made this card for my cousin who loves, loves shoes!!  The shoe is cut from a preloaded cartridge for the Expression 2 called Alphabet,so figure they would call it that!  Of course I had to add some crinkly ribbon that I bought over at  http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/.  Her products are amazing and her prices are fantastic as well as customer service.  I always get the products very quickly.  You have to check out her blog, her work is amazing!!  

The paper I used was from an old DCWV stack, if you look closely it talks about corsets and skirts, I thought how appropriate for the beautiful shoe.  The inside stamp I absolutely love (how true) I have been dying to use this stamp for ever.  I got this from Dawn's mother-in-law, Noni as everyone knew her as.  She was an avid crafter and we are blessed enough to have inherited a lot of crafting items and get to put them to good use.  I am sure she is smiling down on us.

I hope everyone has a great day!!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

6 comments:

  1. this is fantastic--love the shoe and the comment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is awesome! Noni would love it and love the fact that her stash has gone to loving homes! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card (may have to borrow this one for my daughters BD next month!) I love the quote inside a perfect match!
    Big Blog Hugs! Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Love the sentiment!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry I haven't been over to check out your site sooner. Thankyou for the very nice comment you left on my very first Makeover Monday Challenge card, over at Paper Crafter's Library. I just had to come and leave a comment after reading that absolutely perfect quote above!! You go girl. Keep up the great work. We all inspire each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, I love this card! That shoe is perfect with the fabulous sentiment inside! How wonderful that you can continue to use Noni's supplies. I'm sure she's thrilled to see such wonderful creations being made with her things.

    ReplyDelete