Thursday, March 24, 2011

SEEING DOUBLE WEEK - Day 4























Here is a simple 2 page layout I did. I say simple because it doesn't have lots of flowers and stamps and brads and all that stuff we scrappers like to play with.. LOL. However, the pictures and the story really aren't simple at all. I have jam packed these pages with color and memories. Just by using bright fun colorful paper, It really brings the memory of the pictures to life for me. This is a place that my family likes to visit. Whether we take the road that passes us by Barrell Mill Pond.. or whether we actually get out and go down to the water or stand and just take it all in, we just love it here. It is sort of out of the way, and it doesn't look that exciting.. but it really is a place full of color, nature and history. This place really tells a story of old New England, so I used the 2nd page to journal about it. As Laurie says a lot "its all about the story" So, I took her advice on this one and made it truly more about the story.. and the memory the pics bring than about chipboard and ribbons. Sometimes we just need to think out of the "stash" :)

9 comments:

  1. Well I am glad someone listens too much, goodness knows my kids and husband don't, lol! Kel, I love these pages and I love the colors you chose, it really does make the pictures come alive! I am also very proud of your ALL your journaling, we know how you feel about that. Awesome memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout. The paper really makes it fun to look at (well, and the pictures too, lol) I find that scrapbooking is the hardest paper craft I have tried. I found you through Momo and am looking forward to gleening lots of inspiration from you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. Love how you added the page of journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you did this! It looks like an awesome place and what a fantastic job of preserving and sharing the memories of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pics are great, they definitely need to be the focal point. It looks like a great get away place. I love your choice of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple, but effect layout! I love that it's not all cluttered up.

    Pssst....there is a giveaway of two, 'signed by the author' kids' books on my blog, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pages are wonderful! It's super that you've told a story. You (and Laurie!) are right that there are times that the story is the point of the page - not just a photo to be displayed. Years from now, your children and their children will be able to read and remember these wonderful memories. This is a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete