Monday, March 21, 2011

SEEING DOUBLE WEEK - Day 1

Good morning Lady Friends!! It's Monday yet again, wasn't it just Friday 5 minutes ago? This weekend flew by! I have to admit Monday's are not my favorite!! Ok enough about me, lets move on. Kel came up with great idea of seeing double on a page/card/alteration. It could be a two page layout, two of the same embellishments, two pictures, to altered projects, you get it two of anything.

I did this layout for my youngest guy's upcoming birthday. He is going to be 11.

I used the following, the circle paper is Basic Gray Granola Paper pack. Let me tell you this paper doesn't not play well with the cricut. I tried to cut a few things with and it every piece ripped. It was aggravating. The blue cardstock is StampinUP



The circles are cut (two circles) from Paper Pups (Happy Birthday) @ 2 1/4" on page 92 and the full circle from Graphically Speaking @ 3" on page 66. I ran this thru the Cuttlebug as well.


Close up of of the 11's, I inked and put some of faux stitching around them to make them pop. They are cut from Graphically Speaking, pg 68, cut at 2".
I also doubled up by photo mat as well. I am thinking I will use a 4x6 photo, so the mats are cut at 4.5 x 7 and 5 x 7.5. I love the layered look and never think to do it on a page, so this week's theme helped me remember that.
Have a GREAT Monday!!


8 comments:

  1. LOVE this page.. just awesome.. I'm loving that bold shade of blue. I absolutely love circles on a page too. I'm not so good at it, so I'll just scraplift your idea.. LOL. I can't wait to see this in person.. I'm loving the ric rak too.. I know you love to add that to a page.. Fansupular idea on the clip too!! Well done my friend..well done. I don't know how to top this tomorrow with my post.. I"ll have to get a thunkin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cool page! Love the circles and rectangles playing against each other! Awesome job! Thinking cap on for doubles week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layering on this is fabulous!! I love the way you highlighted the elevens as well. I really like the Happy Birthday medallion you used. I often miss the features on cartridges as I'm too busy looking at the main images. Thanks for the reminder! Great layout, Laurie. I hope your son has a fantastic birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great layout. I love the paper and the colors are fabulouse. aayour title banner is great lots of texture very interesting. Great backdrop for those BD pics.
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always impressed by those who can create layouts without photos in place. I can't for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! Another amazing LO!! Beautiful, TFS! :) I love the papers and embossing, too! :)

    ReplyDelete