Monday, March 7, 2011

INK AND PUNCH CHALLENGE - by Laurie

Good morning ladies. What in the world happened to the weekend, it just flew by? I did manage to get some scrapping in. Kel came over to the scrapcave Friday night, we picked our winner and then she helped me make invitations for my youngest son's birthday party. I will post them soon, they came out super cute. Thanks Kel for your help! Here is my take on the ink an punch challenge.




Close up of my journaling tag. I used some bakery twine around the end and the circle punch is 1.5" and I stamped it with at Tim Holtz clock. I also inked all my circles.


I used the Martha Steward around the page punch for the double scallops here. Also a close of up of another Tim Holtz Stamp (I love the saying).


Here is the entire page. These are my two boys, 9 years ago, my little guy was two here. Where in the world does the time go?
The red paper is DCWV Doodlin' around pack. I love, love this pack. The brothers title is from my stash, I inked that, because it was a bright blue. 1.5" circle punch for my circles and StampinUp punch for the corners of the pictures. Quick Quote chalk inks, Maraschino Cherry and Green Tea. I really do love the Quick quotes chalk ink. They are awesome!

10 comments:

  1. tfs really neat and love the layout you used it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this in person and it is gorgeous! Love all the little circles and that scallop punch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO Lau.. I can't wait to see it in person! great use of bakery twine. I've got to get out there and get some of mine on a few pages. Folks. I'll be using this same layout as an example for the challenge on my other blog. Feel free to check it out! See the side bar under "Kel's a Twilight Fan"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurie, what a great page! Nothing like brothers! I love how you made your journaling tag...and how you inked up the bright blue title...very clever!! I hope to join in your challenge...need to get creative! TFS!

    ~Sharon C.
    BTW, I can see lots of grass (at least that's what I think it is, it's been so long!) in my backyard. Not sure what's up with the front yard...hmmm! Lots of melting this weekend...you too??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sharon - Yes we have grass both in the front and back yard and we have a pool! Thought we lost that forever, lol!! I hope you can join the challenge! Great prize.

    Laurie

    Thanks ladies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific layout, and fun punching detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great layout!! I love that border punch you used - and what a fantastic stamp too!
    Time really does fly by far too quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Laurie, I want to come to the scrapcave!!! I love the LO, great job!!! Karen<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout and I love the punched lace edge!!!

    ReplyDelete