Thursday, November 11, 2010

ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES, Day 4


Here is a GREAT card sent from Maureen. THANKS MAUREEN! We love getting her cards..so much talent! Here's what she had to say: MS Punch is Around the Page called Deco Fan. I cut a 5" card from ivory cardstock. Then I cut a 5" olive green cardstock. . The patterned paper was cut a bit smaller then I rounded the corners. Next is the green scallop circle from Nestabilities which I also embossed. Final piece of ivory is punched and embossed one size smaller. The sentiment "you're never more than a thought away" is from Stampin' Up....just love that saying for a card...so versatile! The ink color is Mellow Moss also from Stampin' Up. I edged the ivory circle in the same color and added 2 heart brads. To add dimension I always use foam dots which I did on the center punch.

Here is a simple card by me! I just HAD to get a hold of this Martha PAP punch called "crackle" Thanks you CropStop for the inspiration. I walked in, and it was on clearance at Michaels. I think I heard angels sing.. LOL The lil snowman was done by Dawn and was in my die cuts swap stash, the sentiment a rub on from stash, papers in stash. Boy I really "stashed" it on this one.. LOL Using up m'stuff.. woo hoo! This punch makes a great creepy background for a halloween card and I also saw it used to make it look like a fringed blanket around a lil dog die cut. So many uses! I have the brrrrr sort of cracked ice look for my card! I bet you gals could think of many more!


8 comments:

  1. Love both of these!! Thanks for making me realize that I need that punch now! LOL! My little snowman looks so happy to be in the cold! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to Day 4? :-) I wouldn't have thought to use the Halloween punch for icicles, but it looks awesome! I wonder if my local Michael's has any of those left... hmmm... Again, my DH thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THEM!!! I wouldn't have thought to use it for ice either--but yep, it is awesome!!! I love the look also of the top card--very cool border-I have never seen that one before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JD - I think Kel was so excited about the new punch she forgot what day it was.

    Great, great job on the cards. I love seeing this punch in action. I am so glad you got it Kel you have been wantingn it for ever!!

    I love the diffferent punches Maureen used, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I LOVE the papers and colours of the first (green is my favourite colour) and how clever to use the crackle punch set for icicles!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your cards! I LOVE MS punches, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute!!! I love the snowman!!! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete