Tuesday, November 9, 2010

ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES - Day 2

We are on to day 2 of roll with the punches (I just love that title). Kel and I were super busy making the projects for this week. On this card we used a square punch (thanks to our ever crafty friend Susan) to make the Christmas tree. We used the Marvy 1" square punch. This punch is soo easy to use. We then cut the squares down into triangles. The green paper is punched with Martha Stewart's punch around the page punch.













Here is a close up of the Martha Stewart Lace punch around the page punch, as you know it comes with two punches, one for the corners and the for the sides. We thought we would show you how we lined it up.










Here are the two punches and the instructions. Once you get the hang of these punches they really do work well.
We wanted to put a sentiment on the card, but we couldn't come up with one. Any ideas???? Thanks, ladies for your help and we LOVE the comments.

10 comments:

  1. This WAS fun to make! I plan on picking up a few more of these punches for my scrap "collection" LOL. Thanks for the tree idea Susan..Lau and I were thinking WAY to hard at first to come up with a "non-cricut" tree cut! This was a fantab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I love this! Very rustic looking to me! I think just a simple "Christmas Wishes" in the lower right hand corner on cream cardstock back in red, would be perfect! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kel... a "non-cricut" cut? {GASP!} I love how you still managed to rock the Cuttlebug though! :-) Love the Lace punch. It's on my wish list now. {My DH thanks you... LoL} I just picked up Martha's new Snow Flurry set. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, JD and Dawn!!!

    JD- I forgot to mention that we used the Swiss Dots Folder on the tree, thanks for picking it up. We are alwasys happy to help out our DH's!! We are good like that! Also thanks for pointing out yet another MS punch we NEED!

    Dawn - great idea, we shall try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! I have been wanting to get that punch and haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic tree card! I love those Martha punches, too. :) I think a simple sentiment would work great for this....something like "O, Christmas Tree".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those punches are so great. I don't have any but drool when I see them. What about "O Christmas Tree" for a sentiment???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I love the frame you made with the punches. I have a few sets, but tend to use them separately - either for corners or borders. I love the way you thought outside the box to make the tree as well! And I LOVE that green paper!!
    I think a simple sentiment like "Merry Christmas" or "O Christmas Tree" would work just lovely here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card; I really like the border punch! I like the idea of 'O Christmas Tree'. I like it! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete