Monday, November 29, 2010

ANYTHING GOES WEEK - Day 1

Good morning! I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend! It went by way to fast. Kel and I decided to make it easy this week and have an anything goes week. If you have a favorite project or layout or card you want to share, please email Kel or I and we will post it.

By far this is my favorite layout. Dawn and I took an on-line class at Big Picture Scrapbooking and this was one of the projects. The class we took was about journaling. It made you take a different look at journaling. For example, if you do a layout of your child's birthday, dig deeper into what is going on in the picture. How did your child feel that day, where they so excited they could't sleep? What did your child do to prep for the day, how did they choose their friends they invited to the party. The questions are endless.

This is a layout I did of my son and husband they were going horseback riding. I could have journaled about the horseback riding. But I decided to journal a conversation that had the day before about what my son wanted to be when he grew up. It went like this:
"Dad"
"Yes Son"
"Do you know what I want to be when I grow up"
"No"
"Well I want to be a vet, comedian or work at Sea World."
"Really a comedian, why a comedian?"
"Because my friends at school think I am funny."
"What would you do a Sea World?"
"I would take care of the sick animals"
"Dad"
"Yes"
"I want to be like you when I grow up"

I thought this picture is perfect for this conversation. Make it a great day!!

10 comments:

  1. Awwhhhh.... so touching!!! I love your new view into doing journaling!!! I am going to have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful page...and a beautiful conversation!! TFS!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable even more for me cuz I know this lil man in person and it's so him . GreAt lo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup - gave me a lump in my throat again!! Love this! And love him! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thanks ladies!! So sweet. He is a sweet boy. Hopefully that won't change when he becomes a teenager, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet conversation to blog! The layout is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable!!!! I love it! What a sweet conversation - those types are my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a precious page - and how wonderful to include the conversation as well! Lovely, lovely job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the page and an qawesome memory preserved.

    ReplyDelete