Thursday, May 5, 2011

MOTHER'S DAY CARD

Good morning, ok, now I that I know today is only Thursday, I am doing better. But having two Thursday's in one week can be very confusing! I whipped up a Mother's Day card for my absolute favorite Aunt. She might as well be by Mom. She lives in New Jersey, so I don't get to see her often, but we talk on the phone a lot and she is an awesome, awesome lady!
I have to say I scraplifted this idea from one of the cards I received in the last swap we did, it was a birthday card with a bunny on the front, so who ever did that one, thank you!!
I used Create a Critter for the flowers, layered them up and cut them at 1.75 and 2 inches. I used my glitter pen to glitter them up. The stem is a stamp from StampinUP! I think two step flower set. The twine, well let me tell you, I thought I had pink and white twine. I did not. So I used the lightest color I had, yellow and white, and ran my pink stamp pad all over it. I have to say not too bad!!
Fiskars border punch for the white strip across the middle. Celebrate with Flourish for the inside. Done! Ok, that makes it sounds like it took my 2 minutes to this. Since cards aren't my "thing", it took me probably 2 hours. I am always impressed with the ladies that put up a new card everyday!!!
And this is NOT how it started out in my mind.

Thanks for stopping by! I am exhausted from my cardmaking!










9 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow!! Absolutely gorgeous! Your Auntie is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and I think ( if it was my bunny BD card ) you are welcome for the idea. I like your take on it. Love the colors and great idea with the twine, would never have thought to do that.TFS
    Big Blog hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love it!! The whole card matches up so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Janet, it has to be your card. It is my favorite. I refuse to give it up!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Laurie - inside and out!! What super cuts! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that border!!
    Sorry about your two Thursdays, but at least tomorrow is Friday!! I'm looking forward to Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the soft colors:)
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card. So pretty. Happy Mother's Day to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, and especially love the inside! Wow you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Laurie!! (Have you woken from your after-cardmaking nap yet??) :-) Great idea to ink up the twine...making use of what you have on hand...love it! I think that border punch is new to me...it's soo pretty. TFS!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete