Thursday, September 9, 2010

TOOLS, TIPS , TECHNIQUES & STUFF, Day 5

Here are two of my favs when it comes to inking/chalking. I'm not a huge stamper, but I do like to ink the edges of my pages.. I may even have "over-ink-edging-itis" LOL. Anyway. I was having such a problem with the larger sized inkpads, fumbling and stuff & Laurie told me to get on board with these STAMPIN' UP Ink spots, these are the bold brites. Love em, and sooooo easy to handle and they pack quite the color punch.. long lasting.. great great to have in your crop bag..they fit nicely in a craft carrier. You can have so many colors with you and not take up much space. The other is Powder Puff chalking inks by Quick Quotes, Marachino cherry and Tahiti. Me and Laurie went to the CK convention and got these in a class. We both thought that the colors weren't really fantab, but lemme tell ya.. they work for everything. If you want to try these and only have a few bucks in ur budge, get these colors...I PROMISE u'll luv em. We both use them all the time and are amazed time after time how well these colors go with everything. We chalk with passion.. I think we have " Too-much-chalk-itis" LOL. I am definately going to ask Santa for more of the chalking inks and another set of the spots. Anybody else have a fav. ink?


Red is Powder puff,, green is SU





11 comments:

  1. I really need to invest in some good quality inks! I have tons but only like one small one which of course has no label!

    I have a question, can you ladies post....
    If you go into your settings and scroll down to select post editor, you can choose updated or old... Which is everyone on? Has anyone switched to the new one?? I want to switch but I'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE SU ink spots!!! Of course I love SU! The ink spots come in color groups and makes an effective way of knowing which colors you will use the most and get the larger pads in those:) any questions with SU ink don't hesitate to holler! I'm gonna go check the post editor right now for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine is updated hope that is helpful for ya that is for http://scrapmommie25.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the ink I use is hand-me-down. My wonderful sister-in-law used to do a lot of stamping, but hasn't in a while so she let me 'borrow' her stamp stuff.

    To ABusyBee - I had the old one for a while, but updated to the new one. It seemed to work a lot better when I updated. Just one opinion though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not tried these, so I am going to have to. I use Martha Stewart inks that are in the little cat's eye shape containers and then also Tim Holtz distress inks with his blender tool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these, as Kelly already mentioned they are so easy to use. Our friend Susan got us hooked on StampinUP! Jean, I am going to try some Tim Holtz inks, I love him. I just bought some his paper at Michaels, and it amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got started with SU ink thru the cricut board LOL I ordered one set of stamps, one ink pad and a couple of markers and some designer paper. I was HOOKED. I was NOT gonna be a stamper! LOL well that went out the window!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "over-ink-edging-itis" ~ I love it! I always forget to ink edges then find myself looking at the project saying - I shoulda inked those edges! Have you ever tried sneaking some ink onto edges of something that is already assembled? Not a good idea - lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. For those who don't know, SU has released a bunch of *NEW* colors that are available in the spot sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Cat's Eye chalk inks...use them all the time. They're GREAT for stamping too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a few ink pads, and love to ink edges as well. I haven't really used chalk though.

    ReplyDelete