Thursday, June 24, 2010

FLOWERS AND FANTASY WEEK Day 4



This is was fun to do. I cut the wings out from the Indie Art cricut cartridge onto gloss white paper then I alcohol inked them! I just love playing with those inks, it's just fun to dab away and see what happens to your images. I also cut out the rose on the bottom left and inked that as well. I used gold and silver mixative on them and when ur done, it's like the image was cut from metal..it's pretty cool. The matting under pic and wings are pieces of colored velum. I'm not sure what "look" I was reaching for on this layout,I just happen to love this pic I've had sitting there waiting for paper...she has lil bits of cracker on her face and just the cutest look, I just had to scrap this pic! I just kind poked around my scrap stuff and cricut carts and made it all up along the way lol and had fun!

6 comments:

  1. I do love this page. What an awesome picture!! Love the wings. I guess I better pull out those alcohol inks and get busy!!! Another grat layout!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love the look on the wings and flower. I think I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that alcohol inking! I've never tried it before, but wow! It really adds a great look!
    The layout is adorable. I really like the title with different fonts/sizes. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it !!! When you say Alcohol inks do you mean Copics? I love that look!!! BTW--I got my swap pieces sent out yesterday--a day later than I intended to--but they are on their way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great thank you!!! Alcohol inks are Ranger by Tim Holtz We will take a picture and add it to the blog, so you can see what they look like,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is what the alcohol inks look like:

    http://www.ohmycrafts.com/tim-holtz-alcoholinks-invariouscolorsets.aspx

    ReplyDelete