Tuesday, April 19, 2011

BACK IN THE DAY WEEK, DAY 2



Here is a great canvas done by Dawn. She purchased the canvas frame at a local craft store. She began by painting it all over with Modge Podge. She then placed her torn papers down and covered it all again. The Modge podge acts like glue and covers your work with a nice shiny smooth cover. I watched her put this together and it's a fun project if you're thinking of trying it. I adore this picture of Dawn and her siblings and if you've seen any of her layouts here that her son and daughter are in, I bet you would agree with me that they look just like Dawn and her brother from back in the day. I want to say that the title and flourish are rub ons.. but dont quote me and Dawn can clarify that for us. I love to see old family photos and this is a great way to display them !

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous project!! Love the vintage look...such a wonderful picture!! TFS

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love this. I got to see this in person! So fantastic!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is amazing!! Everything about it is simply fantastic!! Great job, Dawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW stunning! Great job Dawn! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, guys! This was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be and I even made one in different colors for my sister. (I gave this one to my mom.)

    All papers from stash mod poged onto the canvas (is that a word???)
    All embellies from stash
    Title and flourish done with foam stamps and acrylic ink
    I think there are some swashes of random acrylic paint here and there, too ... don’t remember! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm LOVING these vintage layouts!

    ReplyDelete