Monday, April 30, 2012

The Graduate



Here is a fun and super easy Graduation card I did for my boss.  He just finished up his MBA, so I thought I would whip him up a card. I had some trouble coming up with a masculine card, so I turned to YouTube.  I am pretty sure it was  the Pink Stamper that I saw this card on. I tweak it a bit, well we did, Kel was in the scrapcave with me again, so we had a few laughs and made this.  The graduation cap is from the Cricut Cartridge, Locker Talk, as is the word Grad inside the card.  Divine swirls folder was used on a gray metallic paper.  We inked the inside of the folder with a light blue ink, ran it through the cuttlebug.  I had this beautiful, ribbon, almost like twine that we used.  Kel came up with the great idea of making the tassle look real, by cutting them with my Tim Holtz scissors, they really do work well.  I am giving this to my boss tomorrow.  I will let  you know his reaction.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. Hiya girls. This is fabulous and I love the tassle. Great job, I am sure the recipient will be thrilled with it.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! He will love it! Love the twine on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie the shape of the hat is gorgeous and the tassle looks so good.

    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Laurie!!! I missed you this past weekend, I hope you all can go next year!! karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG the laughs.. LOL. This was a fun project to put together. I'm sure he LOVED it. I'm so glad that the twine finally behaved itself.. LOL. Folks, we did have to speak to it a few times! LOL

    ReplyDelete